"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

07 May 2015

Beyond.


The Dawn

Æons may pass before my hopes for earth are all fulfilled;                                             

But let “the dawn” approach, I pray, Before my lips are stilled!

And let true knowledge cover earth As waters cover sea                                   
Knowledge of truth, knowledge of love, Knowledge, dear God, of Thee!

I wait the music of the spheres, The rhythmic pulse of earth,                                                

Which, when Death’s angelus doth ring, Announce immortal birth:

In that blest home beyond the veil No discord rends the air.                                                  

The law of harmony prevails And love reigns everywhere.

Dante

No comments: