"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

10 May 2013

Up.



After it broke up around 11, everyone else sensibly went home or back to their hotel. I walked with Jim for a while. He likes to walk. "You know," he said, lighting up another American Spirit cigarette, "all during dinner there was one thing I could not get out of my mind." I hoped it might have something to do with the film, praise for some visual flourish the editor and I had achieved, or perhaps he was going to share something sacred and personal. "What's that, Jim?" I asked. "A Papaya King hotdog," he said. "Are you up for it?" The concept was inconceivable to me after the meal we had just survived.

No comments: