"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

06 September 2012

Standing.


I've always enjoyed working while standing. It may have been all those years in restaurants that taught my mind and body, "This feels good." I can think better on my feet.

Flexibility. Freedom. Comfort.

I first saw this picture of Hemingway when I became a teacher and started looking for designs I could build for a standing desk in my classroom. My classroom culture has recently undergone a dramatic change due to the addition of an interactive whiteboard and a standing desk would be perfect.

Execupundit has posted on standing desks. So, I guess you can go the IKEA way or the Hemingway.

I like those loafers, too.

No comments: