"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

11 October 2010

Los Lobos, La Pistola Y El Corazon

I love this album. I listened to it all last summer ... and all last night. I love the cover. I love David Hidalgo's voice and I look forward to enjoying his art for years to come.

As I contemplate my affection for this music, I race back to Saturday mornings, as a kid in Saginaw, in the garage with Dad, "getting things done." He would tune the radio to the local Mexican station. I remember a red wheelbarrow loaded with firewood, cinnamon doughnuts, and tea. Poplar leaves rustling in the gentle breeze ... and music. Always music.

I love this music's soulful rusticity. Although I don't understand every word, I feel the meaning.

I remember Heidi's wedding, the Texas Tornados, and a "missing" ice sculpture, but I won't say any more than that without my lawyer present.

1 comment:

Abigail said...

wow, what a great song & a great musician, thanks for sharing that!