"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

19 October 2010

Be gentle.


I have been thinking of a few of my students who, for various reasons, aren't happy in their place right now, and are feeling a tremendous weight on their shoulders.

A weight that is more than ten year olds should bear, let alone be aware of.

I read the latest from Roz Savage and was reminded of Desiderata, ... desired things.

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself.
You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.


Read the rest here.

Be gentle with yourself ... you're the only one we've got!

No comments: