"I am not one who was born in the custody of wisdom. I am one who is fond of olden times and intense in quest of the sacred knowing of the ancients." Gustave Courbet

12 July 2010

Choose.

Along the lines of what I learned from Derrick Jensen ... here, here, and here ... these words from Eddi Reader's song, It's Not Just What You're Born With, grabbed me ...

For what's the use of two strong legs, if you only run away
What good is the finest voice, If you've nothing good to say,
What good are strength and muscles, if you only push and shove
What's the use of two good ears, if you can't hear those you love.

Between those who use their neighbors, and those who use a cane,
Those in constant power and those in constant pain,
Between those who run to evil and those who cannot run,
Tell me, which ones are the cripples,
And which ones touch the sun?


Listen here.

For Drew & Zuzu ...

No comments: